Dear LW Community,
Here are Some of the things that I learned in 2013.
1. I learned that health is very precious, taking care of one’s body is truly important. I have learned what it is like to lose my health and now value my health so much more.
2. I learned that people come in and out of your life, some are there for a season and some are there for longer, buy no matter how long someone is in there it is for a reason.
3. This year I learned how to decrease my physical exercise to take care of my body’s needs. This was a very hard thing to do since I have been an athlete for all of my life.
4. Into 2013 I had to reach out and ask for support for medical care, which was an act of self-love and it took vulnerability and was challenging.
5. I learned how to walk in my fears and not be ruled by anxiety.
6. I practice saying, “no” when my body truly needed rest and self-care time.
7. I spent more time taking care of myself by taking hot baths, lighting candles, reading a good book and spending time with those I love.
8. In 2013 I broke Destructive family patterns to help heal myself and bring more light into my life.
9. In 2013 I was challenged by medical weight gain and worked on my worth and value not being determined by my size, shape or weight.
10. I focused on gratitude in 2013, set intentions each and every day and followed through on loving myself when I did not feel loving.
This year will reveal so much more. With love.
31-Day Self-Love Writing Challenge
January is Self-Love month, and it marks the 4th year that we’ve hosted the 31-Day Self-Love Writing Challenge. You can participate by submitting your self-love writing to be published on this blog. You can submit your writing here. You can also participate by writing your self-love posts on your own blog and linking back to the 31-Day Self-Love Writing Challenge, 2014 blog post and Facebook event. If you don’t start on January 1st, that’s fine! You can jump into the challenge whenever you want.
Win a Copy of Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works
Each blog post you write is one entry into our random drawing to win an autographed copy of my book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works. You’ll also be entered into our drawing to win our upcoming Self-Love e-products that we’ll be announcing soon.
If you don’t feel comfortable sharing your self-love writing, you can write in a journal or write yourself self-love emails. If writing isn’t for you, simply reading others’ self-love writing can be powerful and beneficial to you on your self-love journey.