The Love Warrior Community is joining forces with Daylle Deanna Schwartz to have the month of July be an invitation for daily Self-Love Diet actions.
What constitutes Self-Love Diet Actions?
Since we use the definition of: “Things Regularly Offered” for the word diet, our Self-Love Diet Actions are behaviors that offer ourself and others love.
Here are some examples from each of the 7 paths of the Self-Love Diet:
Spiritual Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Read inspiring, motivating books, magazines, quotes, poetry etc .
- Write a Self-Love Letter to yourself.
- Take time to meditate and/or pray.
- Go out in nature.
- Sit quietly and imagine yourself healthy, living a vital, passionate and peaceful life.
Body Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Tell your body that you love it each morning when you wake up.
- Rub lotion on your body after a shower, rubbing love into your skin.
- Stretch and move your body in a way that feels good. Be careful to not over do it.
- Listen to your body; eat when you are hungry, stop when you are satisfied. Drink plenty of water, and rest when you are tired.
- Think of your body as an instrument not an ornament; take time to appreciate what your body does for you.
Mind and Emotion Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Use the power of your mind to illicit positive emotions, choosing what you think.
- Pay attention to the thoughts you think and the emotions and behaviors they create.
- “Just notice” your thoughts instead of believing everything you think!
- Share your emotions with people you trust.
- Challenge yourself to “try on” vulnerability and see what happens.
Relationship Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Treat yourself like you would a loved one.
- Share what you are grateful for in your relationships.
- Let go of assumptions by being curious and making agreements.
- Choose to focus on changing yourself instead of trying to change others.
- Speak your truth; let people know who you are.
Cultural Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Notice where you spend your money. Decide if the product or company promotes Self-Love.
- Create your own Self-Love Diet culture by sharing your journey and by supporting others’ journey.
- Participate in the online Love Warrior Community by submitting posts.
- Confront the Diet Mentality or Fat Talk when you hear it.
- Share what you’ve learned about creating a Self-Love/Body Love Culture.
World Path of the Self-Love Diet:
- Discover how loving yourself can help you fulfill your passions.
- Decide how your Self-Love work can involve the healing of our planet.
- Take action on your dreams and passions for the greater good of our world.
Michelle Minero, the Co-Founder of this blog and the overarching Love Warrior Community published her book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works. You can buy her book online or at stores in Petaluma, Sonoma and Healdsburg, California. For upcoming events and book signings, visit Michelle’s Events page.
Michelle Minero is a licensed marriage family therapist who specializes in eating disorder recovery. Michelle’s book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works, was published on January 23, 2013. You can purchase a copy through Amazon. Her dream is to see a world filled with people who love themselves and their bodies.
Michelle created an intensive outpatient eating disorder program in 2000, brought ANAD (Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc.) to Petaluma shortly after and founded EDRS (Eating Disorder Recovery Support, Inc.), a Marin and Sonoma County based 501(c)3 non-profit organization in 2005.
In 2011, Michelle co-founded the Love Warrior Community with her daughter, Emelina, an online community that helps people cultivate self-love, self-acceptance and body acceptance through creative expression. Connect with Michelle on Facebook and Twitter.