We’re coming to the close of January 2012 and our month of 10 minute Self-Love Blogs (although we’ll continue to do the 10 minute self-love writing after January.)
We’ve gotten 2 submissions that I know of so far with more “Self-Love to-do lists.”
Let’s see if we can get 100 Self-Love ideas before the end of the month. As far as I know we currently have 40 Self-Love action ideas.
I’m adding 10 more!
- Smile at yourself wherever you see your reflection.
- Massage your hands with lotion as you thank them for all they do for you.
- Watch a sunset.
- Watch a sunrise.
- Visit with the moon.
- Give yourself a hug while being appreciative of yourself.
- Say a prayer or affirmation that has meaning to you.
- Wear a special piece of jewelry that you usually save for “special occasions” when it’s a “regular” day.
- Hold the door open for someone and give them a smile. (You can feel good whether they smile back or not)
- Make yourself a cup of good tea and let the warmth and taste soothe you.
What do you have to add to the list?
Michelle Minero is a licensed marriage family therapist who specializes in eating disorder recovery. She created an intensive outpatient eating disorder program in 2000, brought ANAD (Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc.) to Petaluma shortly after and founded EDRS (Eating Disorder Recovery Support, Inc.), a Marin and Sonoma County based 501(c)3 non-profit organization in 2005. In 2011, Michelle co-founded the Love Warrior Community with her daughter, Emelina, an online community that helps people cultivate self-love, self-acceptance and body acceptance through creative expression. Michelle is finishing her book, Self-Love: The Only Diet That Works, and her dream is to see a world filled with people who love themselves and their bodies. Connect with Michelle on Facebook and Twitter and help spread the Self-Love Movement!
Go here to submit your 10 minute self-love writing: Share your writing with the Self-Love Warrior group blog!, here to see a list of all self-love writing submitted for this event & to get a run down of what’s going on & here to join the event via the Official Facebook Event page & to get updates on the 10 Minute Self-Love Writing Challenge.