My goal is to write 10 Self-Love activities in 10 minutes, here I go!
- Go out in nature and let its healing powers soak into you.
- Count at least 5 of the positive qualities about yourself with examples. (For example: I am a fun person; I put on music when I’m home and dance while cleaning the house.)
- Rub Body Love Cream (or any cream you like) on your body while telling your body that you love it.
- Look into your eyes in the mirror and tell yourself you are valuable, worthwhile and loveable as you are.
- Go online each morning to the Love Warrior Community Music section and listen to inspiring music while getting ready for your day.
- Write a 10-minute Self-Love post for the Self-Love Challenge, even if it’s not January.
- Make a doctor’s appointment you’ve been putting off.
- Soak in a bathtub with candles.
- Exercise because it feels good and you want your body to be healthy, make sure it’s loving and not punishing.
- Take the time to cook yourself a beautiful meal, light candles and use cloth napkins and your prettiest dishes and glassware.
Will you add your Self-Love ideas so we can create a list with a 100 actions?
More Self-Love Actions Added to the List on 2/14/13:
• Go in a Jacuzzi and relax your muscles.
• Change your mind on the way to a matinee on a beautiful sunny day and go for a walk in nature. (You’ll get vitamin D from the sun, heart healthy exercise and connection with our natural world; you can always go to the show after the sun sets!)
• Spend time with someone who opens your heart and helps you to feel all the love inside. (It was my granddaughter this morning whose smile did that for me. She’s 8 months old now and has two bottom teeth that stand up straight and shiny white when she smiles!)
• Stretch your body when you wake up in the morning. (Cat’s are great examples of caring for their bodies like that.)
• Write in your LWC (Love Warrior Community) Self-Love Journal, our very first product in the store of our Love Warrior Community site!
• Give someone a hug. (You get one back when you do!)
• After you brush your teeth, floss them as well.
• Turn on some relaxing music and lie on your bed and do nothing but listen.
• Bring flowers into your home. Put them in a vase where you will see them all the time.
• Write “I love you!” on your bathroom mirror after you get out of the shower. The next time you take your shower, you’ll be reminded that you love yourself!
via Katie Benedetto
– Start your day tomorrow by thinking of the things you’re grateful for
– Get inspired on makesmethink.com
– Wear the clothes you feel most ‘you’ in
– Give yourself a pedicure or facial
– Take a really long, hot shower
– Bring back an old creative hobby you love – draw, paint, sing, play guitar
– Do something silly/playful today.
1.) Surrounding my bedroom with pictures I love–of those I love–filled with quotes and cards from people I love.
2.) Put on a funny movie or music to help relieve stress and tension!
3.) Have a Sunday night girls night every Sunday to spend quality time together!
4.) Getting friends together to cook and share a home cooked meal.
5.) Shower the night before to sleep in that extra 20 minutes or more!
6.) Making art and collage for yourself and others…
7.) Hugging a tree!!!
8.) Growing veggies in the garden and spending time there.
9.) Taking time to pray and send out good vibes and juju into the universe.
10.) Lighting a candle while working to create a nice environment.
11.) Listening to music that fills the soul.
12.) Looking up inspirational videos on YOU-TUBE
13.) Reading a chapter from a good book over…
14.) Painting and doing your nails super pretty…
15.) Inviting a friend over and switching out massages!!!!:):):):):):):):)
Michelle Minero, the Co-Founder of this blog and the overarching Love Warrior Community published her book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works. You can buy her book online or at the Petaluma Copperfield’s bookstore. For upcoming events and book signings, starting Feb 7, visit Michelle’s Events page.
Michelle Minero is a licensed marriage family therapist who specializes in eating disorder recovery. Michelle’s book, Self-Love Diet: The Only Diet That Works, was published on January 23, 2013. You can purchase a copy through Amazon. Her dream is to see a world filled with people who love themselves and their bodies.
Michelle created an intensive outpatient eating disorder program in 2000, brought ANAD (Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc.) to Petaluma shortly after and founded EDRS (Eating Disorder Recovery Support, Inc.), a Marin and Sonoma County based 501(c)3 non-profit organization in 2005.
In 2011, Michelle co-founded the Love Warrior Community with her daughter, Emelina, an online community that helps people cultivate self-love, self-acceptance and body acceptance through creative expression. Connect with Michelle on Facebook and Twitter.